The Intelligence Bureau conducts the IB Security Assistant/MTS exam annually to recruit eligible Indian citizens for Group C posts like Security Assistant, Multi Tasking Staff, General Assistant etc. across intelligence organizations. This article provides a comprehensive guide covering all key facets of IB Security Assistant/MTS exam 2024.
IB Security Assistant/MTS Exam: An Overview
Conducted by the Ministry of Home Affairs, the IB Security Assistant/MTS recruitment notifies several vacancies under Group C posts that play an integral role towards the core objective of internal intelligence and security. Roles like Security Assistant, Multi Tasking Staff etc. offer exciting job opportunities.
- Security Assistant
- Multi Tasking Staff
- General Assistant
- Other Group C posts
Number of Vacancies
Approximately 1200 vacancies are expected to be announced by IB across India for Security Assistant and other Group C posts for 2024 recruitment drive.
To be eligible for IB SA/MTS exam 2024, the candidate must satisfy the following requirements:
- Nationality: Indian citizens only
- Age: 18-25 years (with age relaxation for reserved categories)
- Minimum Educational Qualification: Matriculation pass certificate
Exam Pattern and Selection Process
The recruitment process involves three phases:
Phase 1: Preliminary Exam
|General Knowledge/ Awareness
|History, Geography, Culture, Current Affairs
|Numerical Aptitude and Mental Ability
|SI, Profit-Loss, Geometry, Puzzles
- Objective Multiple Choice Questions paper
- Negative Marking of 0.25 marks.
Candidates have to score minimum cutoff marks in prelims to qualify for Phase 2.
Phase 2: Physical Standards Test (PST)
Candidates who qualify written exam undergo physical measurement test as per established standards by IB.
Phase 3: Skill Test
Qualifying candidates undergo Skill Test relevant for Posts like Typing Test, Shorthand etc.
Final Selection List is prepared based on aggregate performance vacancies allocation to different posts and categories.
List of Intelligence Agencies for Posting
Candidates selected as Security Assistant and MTS have to work with any of the following intelligence agencies in the country:
- Intelligence Bureau
- Central Bureau of Investigation
- National Investigation Agency
- Bureau of Police Research and Development
- Sashastra Seema Bal
- Narcotics Control Bureau
- National Technical Research Organisation
- Aviation Research Centre
Candidates can give their preference of posting location.
Designing the right preparation plan and following robust strategies will ease the path towards success:
- Organize timetable with sectional targets for daily/weekly/monthly
Clarity of Syllabus/Exam Pattern
- Thorough analysis provides clarity about topics covered
- Work on building very strong core concepts
- Give more weightage to General Knowledge, Numerical Aptibility initially
Take Mock Tests
- Review performance to ascertain improvement areas
Previous Years’ Papers
- Boosts familiarity with exam complexity and topics relevance
With realistic planning, strategic prep and practice, aspirants can conquer this exam.
IB Security Assistant Job Profile
The role and responsibilities handled by a Security Assistant selected through this exam includes:
- Access control regulation in intelligence offices
- Surveillance through CCTV monitoring
- Frisking and verification of visitors
- Documents and file management
- Providing security cover to senior intelligence officers
It offers exciting working avenues for young passionate individuals.
IB SA Allowances & Promotion Avenues
The starting salary package of IB Security Assistant ranges between Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 30,000 per month including allowances like Dearness, House Rent, Transport etc as per 7th Pay Commission.
Higher pay and rapid promotions upto Sub Inspector are applicable based on service tenure. Other benefits include healthcare, insurance protection.
Previous Years Cutoff Trends
Analyzing previous IB SA/MTS exam cutoffs will provide good perspective:
|Written Exam Cutoff
The cutoffs vary in different categories each year. Consistent efforts vital to clear them.
Q1. How many vacancies are expected in IB SA 2024 exam?
Around 1200 Group C posts are expected to be filled by IB through the SA/MTS exam in 2024.
Q2. What is the application fee amount?
The application fee is Rs. 50 for all categories of candidates.
Q3. What are the physical measurement standards for IB SA selection?
Height criteria for Male is 170 cms and for Female candidates it is 152 cms. Weight, chest specifications will be updated in notification.
Through dedicated preparation strategies and rigorous efforts, aspirants can pave their way towards an exciting career with growth, respect and job security through the IB SA/MTS exam 2024.